The Top 3 causes of these crashes are:
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving without due care and attention
- Ignoring traffic signals
Avoid these crashes by using caution and following these tips:
- Always check the traffic light ahead. Go through a yellow light only if it is unsafe to stop.
- Leave about one car length between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead when stopping at an intersection.
- When the light turns green always check the intersection before you move forward.
There are three main types of intersection crashes: