The Operations Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the City's:
- Sports Fields
- Sanitary sewer system
- Potable water system
- Open drainage
- Storm sewer system
- Dyke infrastructure.
The Operations Department maintains over 100 parks and natural areas which together make up over 400 hectares of green space. Parks vary in equipment and services. Most Community Parks provide a variety of facilities suitable for a day visit, while smaller parks provide playgrounds and often sports courts and picnic tables.
Providing water and sewer service to over 18,000 properties within the municipal boundaries the Operations Department maintains and operates:
- 47 sanitary pump stations
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 8 drinking water production wells
- 13 potable water pumping stations
- 17 water reservoirs
- 4 drainage pumping stations
- Over 1,500 kilometres of roads, sanitary sewer mains, storm drains, and water distribution pipes.